Wondering how Reiki can help with menopause? First, let’s explore what it is. Reiki is an energy healing technique that restores the flow and balance of energy throughout the body, mind, and soul. Reiki helps to speed up the body’s own natural healing and is a gentle but powerful complimentary therapy. Reiki is effective in alleviating menopause symptoms because it helps to balance various systems in the body, including the body’s hormonal system.
Reiki gives a ‘time out’ when you can just relax in an hour that is just about you and your well being.
It’s so important when you’re going through a process like menopause that has such a huge effect on your body, emotions and well being to have something to look forward to each week, fortnight or month.
Reiki is energy channeled from the practitioner to the client where the client will feel the energy being channeled from the practitioner. Reiki is both an energy healing modality and a powerful mindfulness technique. Based on neuroscience, mindfulness is a win-win for business and individuals by building emotional intelligence and cultivating wellbeing. It will help you to navigate opportunities and challenges in your work and private life with more resilience, engagement, and happiness. Reiki can help with everything in one way or another. It calms, comforts and soothes and can help you find your way back to ‘you’ again.
If the mind is calm, the body tends to follow.
How Reiki Can Help with Menopause
Reiki helps to improve the natural flow of energy in & around the body enabling relaxation, relieving pain & speed healing. Reiki for menopause helps to reduce other symptoms including:
- Brain fog
- Hot Flashes
- Chronic pain
- Digestive complications
- Anxiety & Depression
- Mood changes
- Relaxes body and mind
- Relieves pain
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Boosts energy
- Improves sleep
- Proven to reduce stress & pain
- Provides deep relaxation.
- Clinically proven to significantly improve; tiredness, anxiety, depression, stress, pain, and immune system functioning.
To give you a more in depth understanding of how reiki can help with menopause, let me make you aware about the main energy centres, also known as chakras, if you are not already familiar.
- There are seven main chakras or energy centers in the body which range from the top of the head to the base of the spine.
- These are known as the Crown, Third Eye, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral and Root Chakras.
- Each of these energy centres represent different aspects of the natural energy that resides in each of us and therefore, there most natural state is to be balanced.
- They can and do become unbalanced for various reasons, usually relating to life experiences we encounter, menopause being one.
- In your reiki session. I also focus on balancing these energy centres as well as directly focusing on the pain points you are experiencing specifically.
- Below is a brief explanation on how focusing on healing the chakras within your reiki session directly helps to focus on some common symptoms that come with menopause.
How Reiki Can Help with Menopause Symptoms
Reiki can help by targeting the sacral chakra, which is responsible for hormonal maintenance and key for our overall health in our 40s and 50s. The sacral chakra is located below the navel.
The sacral chakra helps your body flush out toxins and soothe cramping, so if you struggle with this symptom due to irregular and frequent periods in your perimenopause you can request to add this to your reiki sessions.
Anxiety and Depression
Reiki can target the heart chakra and the solar plexus chakra to ease emotional distress, help your mind focus, and allow your muscles to release tension. The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest, while the solar plexus chakra is located in the upper abdomen.
Loss of appetite and digestive issues
Targeting the throat chakra in your Reiki session will help you balance your thyroid gland and help bring your metabolism and your appetite back to normal.
By targeting the third eye chakra in Reiki, you will become extremely relaxed and calm. Trust me, it’s difficult NOT to fall asleep during a Reiki session, so don’t even fight it. The third eye chakra is located between your eyebrows.
If you suffer from migraines, targeting the crown chakra in your Reiki session will help you mitigate headache triggers. The crown chakra is located on the top of your head.
Benefits from a Reiki session
Reiki healing is the perfect alternative treatment for those experiencing painful symptoms that come with menopause.
It can relieve and reduce physical, mental & emotional pain for those dealing with sleep issues, migraines/headaches, digestive & stomach conditions, anxiety, and depression, to name a few. Reiki can also be done on those who don’t have any serious illness or pain as it can help you to feel deeply relaxed, help you cope with difficult life situations when it can become overwhelming, relieve emotional stress and tension and help to improve your overall wellbeing & quality of life.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss how you can benefit from reiki for dealing with symptoms of menopause, click here for your free consultation.